Monday, January 10, 2011

In One Word...

If you summed up your life in one word, what would it be?

I've thought quite a bit about this post today, and about being honest with it.

Originally I would have said my word would be great, but I know even though there are many great things in my life, there are also many complications.

Then I wanted to say confusing, or complicated...which are pretty true...but those words seem to describe my life as being miserable...which it isn't.

I was going to use complicated, when I originally sat down to write this.

Still, another word keeps coming to mind. I didn't want to use it mainly because it isn't a word you would typically use to describe anything, but I think I will anyway.

Lessons

Yes, thats it...Lessons

When I think of my life, especially recent events, I can't help but think of all the lessons I've learned.

There are many times in life when you come to the cross road of doing what you want, and what you should...I reached one of those points recently.

Until today I've been letting myself dwell on the situation, questioning everything, doubting quite a bit. Then I remembered something I tell everyone else...the advice I never seem to take myself.

In life there are no mistakes....only decisions. Funny enough, I had never thought of my decision as a mistake until recently....but I realized today why I never thought of it that way. Because it wasn't. It was a decision in my life meant to teach me a lesson. Though it was a hard lesson to learn it was needed.

My life has been blessed, and I could never deny that. The people, the bad times, and the good. The decisions I never wanted to make and the lessons I learned because of them. I couldn't be more thankful for all of it.

There are times that it gets me down, but I am only human. Still, at the end of the day its nice to remember that every new day is a new page in my book.


So stepping off my soapbox for the night I must say Im rather happy/excited about a really awesome dream I've had for the past three days....if dreams tell us anything about our future I may have some wonderfully awesome new soon ;-) lol.

Dont forget....your life is your book to write....tell your story the way you want it.

Always,
Crystal

No comments:

Post a Comment